NO. 238 SWIFT'S STONE CORRAL - The original owner and builder of this stone corral was Granville P. Swift, a native of Kentucky. In 1847 Swift began ranching in Stone Creek Valley in Colusa County. In 1850 he and his partner Frank Sears needed a corral and, as there was no timber in the surrounding country, they built one from the flat stones that were scattered over the area.
Location: 1,000 ft S of Maxwell-Sites Rd, 6.4 mi W of Maxwell
NO. 736 LETTS VALLEY - This valley was settled in 1855 by Jack and David Lett. The present lake spillway is the site of a tunnel that they built to facilitate drainage. The brothers were killed in 1877 in an attempt to prevent squatters from settling on their land.
Location: Letts Lake Campground, Fouts Springs Rd (18N01), 18.5 mi SW of Stonyford
NO. 890 COLUSA COUNTY COURTHOUSE - Erected in 1861, this Federal/Classic Revival style building is the oldest remaining courthouse in the Sacramento Valley. The 'Southern' style reflects the county's heritage and states' rights sympathies during the Civil War. In its early years, the courthouse also served as a center for cultural, social, and religious activities.
Location: 547 Market and 6th Sts, Colusa