NO. 709 WEAVERVILLE JOSS HOUSE - Hundreds of Chinese miners came to the Weaverville area in the 1850s and prospered despite hardships, discrimination, and tax on foreign miners. The first house of worship burned in 1873, the Chinese continued their religious traditions in the present temple, dedicated April 18, 1874. Moon Lim Lee, trustee and grandson of one of its contributors, gift-deeded the 'Temple Amongst the Forest Beneath the Clouds' to the State.
Location: SW corner of State Hwy 299 and Oregon St, Weaverville
NO. 778 LA GRANGE MINE (HYDRAULIC) - This mine, originally known as the Oregon Mountain Group of Claims, first operated about 1862. In 1892 the mine was purchased by the La Grange Hydraulic Gold Mining Company, which brought water from Stuart's Fork through 29 miles of ditch, tunnels, and flume to deliver it to the mine pit under a 650-foot head. Over 100,000,000 yards of gravel were processed to produce $3,500,000 in gold. Large-scale operations ceased in 1918.
Location: State Hwy 299 (P.M. 478), 4 mi W of Weaverville