MISSION SAN CARLOS BORROMÉO DE CARMELO

Historical Landmark

Description:
Mission San Carlos was established by Father Serra on June 3, 1770 at the Presidio of Monterey. Finding this location unsuitable, Serra moved the mission to Carmel Valley. In July 1771 he set to work constructing temporary buildings at the new site, and in December 1771 the mission was moved to its permanent location.


Registration Date: 1/31/1934

Location:
City: Carmel
County: Monterey

Directions:
SW corner of Lasuen Dr and Rio Rd, Carmel


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing