It took about ten years to complete this building, begun in 1834 as a result of General M. G. Vallejo's order to settle the area. On Vallejo's 66,000-acre rancho such necessities as candles, soap, blankets, shoes, and saddles were manufactured by native artisans in shops which included a tannery, smithy, and grist mill. The property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 4/15/1970.
Registration Date: 6/1/1932
Adobe at 3325 Adobe Rd, plaque located 6 mi W of site, 300 ft NW of intersection of Old Redwood Hwy and Adobe Rd, Petaluma
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing