SAN FRANCIS RANCH
In 1861, Samuel A. Bishop, his wife, and party left Fort Tejón for the Owens Valley driving 650 head of stock. On August 22, Bishop reached a creek later named for him and southwest of this spot. San Francis Ranch was established there. At the site a peace treaty was signed by the settlers and the chiefs of the Paiute Indians.
Registration Date: 6/20/1935
3 mi SW of Bishop at intersection of Red Hill Rd and State Hwy 168
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing