EL DORADO

Historical Landmark

Description:
Patented as a townsite in 1872, this early town derived its name from a sawmill located here. Mountain Ranch, the post office established in 1856, was moved to El Dorado in 1868, so El Dorado became known as Mountain Ranch. The bell was used in the local school from 1885 to 1953. Established as Cave City School District in 1855, this school joined with the Banner District in 1946 to become the El Dorado Union Elementary School District.


Registration Date: 1/8/1938

Location:
City: Mountain Ranch
County: Calaveras

Directions:
NW corner of Mountain Ranch Rd and Whiskey Slide Rd, Mountain Ranch


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing