NPS Number: 76000526
Gwin Mine, Paloma, and Lower Rich Gulch were mined for placer gold in 1849, and quartz was discovered by J. Alexander in 1851. Property here was acquired by Wm. M. Gwin, California's first U.S. Senator, in 1851. After yielding millions of dollars in gold, the Gwin Mine closed in 1908.
Registration Date: 9/19/1938
City: Mokelumne Hill
Intersection of Paloma Rd and Edster St, 5 mi SW of Mokelumne Hill
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing