In 1844, Governor Manuel Micheltorena granted 44,322 acres to Juan José Warner, who built this house. General Kearny passed here in 1846, and the Mormon Battalion in 1847. The first Butterfield Stage stopped at this ranch on October 6, 1858, on its 2,600-mile, 24-day trip from Tipton, Missouri to San Francisco, the southern overland route into California. This property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 10/15/1966.
Registration Date: 8/8/1939
City: Warner Springs
County: San Diego
On County Hwy S2 (P.M. 0.7), 0.7 mi E of junc of State Hwy 79, 4 mi SE of Warner Springs
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing