LA GRANGE

Historical Landmark

Description:
French settlers originally established the community of French Bar along the Tuolumne River in 1850. After the destructive floods of 1851-52, citizens of French Bar relocated one mile upstream above the floodplain. Renamed La Grange, the new town prospered as a mining and agricultural community, and served as the county seat of Stanislaus County from 1856 to 1862.


Registration Date: 11/15/1948

Location:
City: La Grange 
County: Stanislaus

Directions:
30173 Yosemite Blvd., La Grange 


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing