This town, settled in 1848, derived its name from its crystal clear springs. Among the richest spots in this vicinity, its diggings produced a 25-pound nugget, one of the largest ever found in El Dorado County. Its most thriving period was in 1851 and, through its lumber, lime production, and agriculture, Diamond Springs has retained some of its early importance.
Registration Date: 8/7/1951
City: Diamond Springs
County: El Dorado
NW corner of Hwy 49 at China Garden Rd, Diamond Springs
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing