OLD POINT LOMA LIGHTHOUSE

Historical Landmark

Description:
This lighthouse, built in 1854, was one of the first eight lighthouses on the Pacific Coast. It continued in use until 1891, when the new Pelican Point Lighthouse began operating. The Point Loma Lighthouse became the site of the Cabrillo National Monument in 1913. During World War II, the Navy used it as a signal tower. Today the lighthouse remains the central feature of the Point Loma Preserve.


Registration Date: 12/6/1932

Location:
City: San Diego
County: San Diego

Directions:
Cabrillo National Monument, Point Loma, San Diego 
OLD POINT LOMA LIGHTHOUSE



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing