SLOUGHHOUSE

Historical Landmark

Description:
Sloughhouse, prominent hotel and stage station on the road to the Amador mines, was a favorite stopping place for travelers such as Leland Stanford. Constructed in 1850 by Jared Dixon Sheldon, it was destroyed by fire in 1890 and rebuilt the same year. Many descendants of pioneers of the community of Sloughhouse, which developed near Sheldon's establishment, still live in this fertile valley of the Cosumnes.


Registration Date: 5/17/1957

Location:
City: Sloughhouse
County: Sacramento

Directions:
Intersection of Meiss St & Hwy 16, near flagpole, Sloughhouse


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing