OLD FOLSOM POWERHOUSE
The first distribution point of electricity for a major city, Station A was constructed in 1894 by the Sacramento Electric Power and Light Company to receive power generated from Folsom Powerhouse. The first transmission of electricity was on July 13, 1895. This power distribution network resulted in the first overhead wire streetcar system in the Central Valley.
Registration Date: 3/3/1958
NE corner of 6th and H Sts, Sacramento
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing