SITE OF JUNÍPERO SERRA'S CROSS
The first cross on the hill known as 'La Loma de la Cruz,' or the Hill of the Cross, was erected by Junípero Serra at the founding of the Mission San Buenaventura on March 31, 1782. This was the ninth and last mission founded by Father Serra in California.
Registration Date: 3/29/1933
Grant Park, at end of Ferro Dr, Ventura
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing