Called Whiskey Flat until 1864, Kernville was founded in 1860 when whiskey dealer Adam Hamilton moved shop here from more temperate Quartzburg, founded earlier that year. Both camps resulted from a discovery by 'Lovely' Rogers, who found the Big Blue Ledge while tracking a stray mule from the earlier camp of Keysville.
Registration Date: 1/31/1934
Old Kernville Cemetery, Wofford Rd, 2.7 mi SE of Kernville
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing