Campo Seco was settled in 1849 by Mexicans who worked placers in Oregon Gulch. The largest living cork oak tree in California was planted here in 1858. The iron doors of the ruined Adams Express Building were still standing in 1950.
Registration Date: 9/3/1937
City: Campo Seco
Intersection of Campo Seco and Penn Mine Rds, Campo Seco
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing