Located on the Stockton-Murphys Road at a crossing of the Calaveras River, this early mining settlement, once called Foremans, was famous in the 1850s for its rich placer ores. Later, as an important stage and freighting depot, it served the southern mines until after the turn of the century.
Registration Date: 9/3/1937
City: San Andreas
On State Hwy 49 (P.M. 14.0) at San Antonio Creek, 5 mi S of San Andreas
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing