Completion of the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1871 marked the birth of the town of Milton. Named after Milton Latham, one of the railroad construction engineers, this town was the first in Calaveras County to have a railroad. Freight and passengers continued their journeys to other parts of Calaveras County by wagon and stagecoach.
Registration Date: 9/3/1937
15 mi NW of Copperopolis via Rock Creek Rd, County Road J14, and Milton
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing