OLD PACIFIC HOUSE
Originally built as a hotel between 1835 and 1847 by James McKinley, the building was known as the Pacific House in 1850, when it housed a public tavern. In later years law offices, a newspaper, small stores, and a ballroom occupied the premises. In 1880 David Jacks bought the property, and in 1954 Miss Margaret Jacks made a gift of the building to the State of California.
Registration Date: 10/9/1939
Monterey State Historic Park, Custom House Plaza, Monterey
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing