'Mountain Charley' McKiernan, one of the earliest residents of the Santa Cruz Mountains, settled near here in 1850, and John Martin Schultheis and his wife homesteaded land about a mile from here in 1852. Their home was still standing in 1950. The Patchen Post Office, named for a famous racehorse, was located in this vicinity from 1872 to the 1920s.
Registration Date: 11/2/1949
City: Holy City
County: Santa Clara
Intersection of Old Santa Cruz Hwy (P.M. 3.57) and Mtn Charlie Rd, 1.2 mi SE of Holy City
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing