Skip to Main Content
Contact Us Search
OHP Title


Historical Landmark

This historic town was founded by Charles C. Martin, who came around the Horn in 1847, and his wife, Hannah Carver Martin, who crossed the Isthmus. Martin first homesteaded the area in 1851 and operated a tollgate and station for stagecoaches crossing the mountains. Later he developed a lumber mill, winery, store, and the Glenwood Resort Hotel.

Registration Date: 11/2/1949

City: Scotts Valley
County: Santa Cruz

4171 Glenwood Dr, 0.4 mi N of Glenwood cutoff rd (Martin Rd), NE of Scotts Valley

Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing