Erected during mission days, 1792-1805, this is the second oldest adobe in this region. Originally 'L'-shaped, it is now only half its original size. In 1859, the adobe became the property of Don Jean Vigare and in the early 1860s, as San Gabriel's first bakery, it was separated from the mission's lime orchard by a high cactus wall.
Registration Date: 11/2/1949
City: San Gabriel
County: Los Angeles
616 S Ramona St, San Gabriel
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing