Camp Wright, named for Brigadier General George Wright, United States Army, who commanded the Pacific Department and California District from 1861 to 1865, was first established October 18, 1861 on Warner's Ranch to guard the line of communication between California and Arizona. The camp was moved to this site by Major Edwin A. Rigg, First California Volunteers, about November 23, 1861 and was abandoned December 1866.
Registration Date: 11/9/1950
City: Oak Grove
County: San Francisco
State Hwy 79 (P.M. 49.3), Oak Grove
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing