This lone tree, which gave the town of Buttonwillow its name, served as a landmark on an old trans-valley trail. An ancient Yokuts Indian meeting place, it later became the site of settlers' stock rodeos. Miller and Lux established their headquarters and store here about 1885.
Registration Date: 10/8/1951
On Buttonwillow Dr, 0.5 mi N of State Hwy 58, Buttonwillow
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing