FRANCISCO SOLANO ALVISO ADOBE
This building, erected in 1844-46 by Francisco Solano Alviso, was the first adobe house to be built in the Pleasanton Valley. It was originally called Alisal-The Sycamores. Following the Battle of Sunol Canyon, General John C. Frémont withdrew to this building, which became his headquarters for several days.
Registration Date: 9/24/1953
3459 Foothill Rd, 3 mi south of Dublin
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing