FELTON COVERED BRIDGE
Built in 1892-93 and believed to be the tallest covered bridge in the country, it stood as the only entry to Felton for 45 years. In 1937 it was retired from active service to become a pedestrian bridge and figured prominently in many films of that period. After suffering damage in the winter storms of 1982, it was restored to its original elegance in 1987 using native materials and local talent. This property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 6/19/73.
Registration Date: 5/17/1957
County: Santa Cruz
Covered Bridge Rd and Graham Hill Rd, Felton
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing