The fort was established in this vicinity June 11, 1857 by 1st Lieutenant (later Brigadier General) Horatio Gate Gibson, 3rd Artillery, U.S. Army, who named it in honor of his former company commander, Braxton Bragg, later General, CSA. The fort was abandoned in October 1864.
Registration Date: 7/24/1957
City: Fort Bragg
321 Main St, Fort Bragg
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing