This monument marks an old Indian trail, the Mojave Trail, used by Father Garcés in March 1776 on his trip from Needles to San Gabriel. The same trail was used by Jedediah Smith in 1826 on his first trip through San Bernardino Valley.
Registration Date: 9/11/1957
County: San Bernardino
Call San Bernardino National Forest, Cajon Ranger District, 714/887-2576 for permission to view plaque and directions
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing