As originally built in 1869 by A. R. Loomis, the house had only two rooms, but other rooms were added by subsequent occupants. It was marked as the 'Oldest House in Compton' in 1955 - in 1957, it was purchased by the city and moved from 209 South Acacia Street to its present site. It has been restored, refurnished, and renamed by the citizens of Compton as a tribute to early settlers of the community.
Registration Date: 11/5/1958
County: Los Angeles
NW corner of Willowbrook Ave and Myrrh St, Compton
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing