In 1854, John C. Reid filed a squatter's claim on this spot - the same year Kern County's first school class was held here. In 1859, David Lavers, with his father and brother, John, built a hotel and stage barn on the old Bull Road. The crossing was the principal community in Linn's Valley until about 1870.
Registration Date: 2/16/1959
NE corner of White River and Jack Ranch Rds, 1.1 mi W of Glennville
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing