FIFTEEN MILE HOUSE-OVERLAND PONY EXPRESS ROUTE IN CALIFORNIA
Owned and operated from 1857 as a stage station by Henry F. W. Deterding, this was the site of the second remount station of the Central Overland Pony Express during March-July 1860. Sam (Bill) Hamilton, carrying the first eastward mail of the Pony Express, changed ponies here on April 4, 1860.
Registration Date: 9/11/1959
City: Rancho Cordova
White Rock & Gold Valley Rds, 0.2 mi E of intersection of Sunrise Blvd and White Rock Rd, Rancho Cordova
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing