SITE OF SAN JOAQUIN CITY
This river town was established in 1849. Pioneers and freight wagons following post roads to the southern mines crossed the river nearby at Durham's Ferry, and as a terminal for riverboats, the town played an important part in development of west side grain farming and cattle raising.
Registration Date: 9/25/1962
County: San Joaquin
1.4 mi N of county line on County Hwy J3, SE of Tracy
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing