FARLEY'S OLANCHA MILL SITE
In 1860, while working for the Silver Mountain Mining Company in the Coso Mountains, M. H. Farley conceived the idea of building a processing mill on a creek that flowed into Owens Lake. He explored and named Olancha Pass that year, and by December of 1862 had completed the first mill and furnace in the Owens River Valley, on Olancha Creek about one mile west of this marker.
Registration Date: 9/16/1964
On State Hwy 395 (P.M. 34.1), at Fall Rd, 0.6 mi S of Olancha
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing