ARROYO DE SAN JOSEPH CUPERTINO
This arroyo honoring San Joseph, patron saint of flight and students, was first discovered and traversed by Spanish explorers in 1769. On March 25-26, 1776, Colonel Juan Bautista de Anza made it his encampment No. 93, as mapped by his cartographer, Padre Pedro Font, on his journey to the San Francisco Bay area where he initiated a colony, a mission, and a presidio.
Registration Date: 12/23/1964
County: Santa Clara
Monta Vista High School W parking lot, 21840 McClellan Rd, Cupertino
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing