OLD INDIAN VILLAGE OF TSURAI
Directly below was located the Yurok village of Tsurai. A prehistoric permanent Indian community, it was first located and described by Captains Bodega and Heceta, June 9-19, 1775. The houses were of hand-split redwood planks, designed for defense and protection. The village was occupied until 1916.
Registration Date: 11/3/1969
SW corner of Ocean and Edwards Sts, Trinidad
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing