GOLDEN GATE PARK CONSERVATORY
California’s first municipal greenhouse was completed in 1879. Patterned after The Conservatory, Kew Gardens, England, it was a distinguished example of late Victorian style using early techniques of mass production and assembly of simple glass units.It was given to the City of San Francisco by public-spirited citizens. The property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 10/14/1971.
Registration Date: 9/1/1970
City: San Francisco
County: San Francisco
Golden Gate Park, 0.5 mi W of John McLearn Lodge on J. F. Kennedy Dr, San Francisco
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing