When Mills Seminary, forerunner of Hue college, transferred its operations to Oakland from Benicia in 1871, it moved into a long, four-story building with a high central observatory. The mansarded structure, which provided homes for faculty and students as well as classrooms and dining halls, long was considered the most beautiful educational building in the state. This property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 10/14/71.
Registration Date: 10/12/1971
Mills College, 5000 MacArthur at Pierson St, Oakland
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing