Established in the fall of 1864 by Mr. Griffith Griffith, a native of Wales, the quarry located near this site supplied high-quality granite for a number of the important buildings in San Francisco and Sacramento, including portions of the state capitol. This was also the site of the state's first successful commercial granite polishing mill, erected in 1874.
Registration Date: 5/9/1975
SE corner of Taylor and Rock Springs Rds, Penryn
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing