FIRST UNITARIAN CHURCH OF OAKLAND
Designed in 1889 by Walter J. Mathews, this solid masonry Romanesque church departed radically from California's traditional Gothic wood frame construction. Noted for its world famous stained glass windows produced by Goodhue of Boston, and for arching redwood spans, the widest at that time west of the Rockies, the church remains a significant cultural and architectural landmark. This property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 6/16/77.
Registration Date: 6/16/1976
685 14th St at Castro St, Oakland
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing