OUR LADY OF THE WAYSIDE
This country church, built in 1912, was the first design of architect Timothy L. Pflueger to be executed. Pflueger, who had just begun work for James Miller, shows his awareness of the Spanish California missions in the style, which contrasts with the large commercial buildings and art deco theaters for which he later became recognized. Construction of this church was initiated by a non-denominational club, The Family. This property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 11/22/77.
Registration Date: 5/12/1977
City: Portola Valley
County: San Mateo
930 Portola Rd, town of Portola Valley
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing