BONO'S RESTAURANT AND DELINPS Number: 07001353
Bono’s Restaurant and Deli is located on the historically significant Route 66 outside the City of Fontana. Originally constructed as a roadside stand, the Bono family converted the building in 1942 to a full-service restaurant by expanding the building’s footprint with large additions on the south and west sides and adding signage and exterior decorative elements reflecting its new usage. The property was listed at the local level of significance under Criterion A for important associations with Route 66. Bono’s transformation from a 1936 roadside stand into a full service restaurant represents the “Roadside Eating Establishment” property type identified by the National Park Service’s study, Special Resource Study: Route 66.
Registration Date: 1/10/2008
15395 Foothill Blvd.
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing