MISSION SAN FERNANDO REY DE ESPAÑA
Historical LandmarkNPS Number: 88002147
Mission San Fernando Rey de España was founded by Father Lasuén in September 8, 1797. A house belonging to Francisco Reyes, on Encino Rancho, furnished temporary shelter for the missionary in charge. An adobe chapel, built and blessed in December 1806, was damaged by the destructive earthquake of 1812 - a new church was completed in 1818.
Registration Date: 1/11/1935
City: Mission Hills
County: Los Angeles
15151 San Fernando Mission Blvd, Mission Hills
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing