Welcome to the OHP!
The California Office of Historic Preservation (OHP) administers federally and state mandated historic preservation programs to further the identification, evaluation, registration, and protection of California's irreplaceable resources. Explore our webpages, learn more about the OHP, and join us in preserving and celebrating California’s heritage!
Active Disasters: Immediate Response and Assistance Information
(This link activates when state emergency or federal disaster proclamations are announced for California)
Project Submittals for the OHPOur office now accepts and prefers project submittals via email. Visit our Submission Guidance page for instructions on how to submit materials electronically.
Preservation News & Updates
- Accepting Nominations for 2024 Governor's Historic Preservation Awards!
- Important Changes to Submission Process for Fed Historic Tax Program!
- The ACHP adopts Climate Change and Historic Preservation Policy Statement
- Presidential Memorandum Outlines Uniform Standards for Tribal Consultation
- Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentives Annual Report for FY2022
OHP Monthly ePost
Preservation news and topics
California's Statewide Historic Preservation Plan 2013-2017
Many of the documents available on this web site are provided in
Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
and require Acrobat Reader to view and print these files.
You may download Acrobat Reader free by clicking on the above link.