Welcome to the OHP!
The California Office of Historic Preservation (OHP) administers federally and state mandated historic preservation programs to further the identification, evaluation, registration, and protection of California's irreplaceable resources. Explore our webpages, learn more about the OHP, and join us in preserving and celebrating California’s heritage!
- Our office now accepts and prefers project submittals via email. Visit our Submission Guidance page for instructions on how to submit materials electronically.
- Due to continuing COVID-19 related circumstances, clients of the CHRIS Information Centers (ICs) should contact the appropriate IC to inquire as to how to submit record search requests and how and when such requests may be fulfilled.
Preservation News & Updates
- New Action Plan Released by the Climate Heritage Network
- Participate in Roundtable Discussions for California's 5th Climate Change Assessment
- Register for the Free Seismic Safety Webinar Series, June through December 2022
- Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentives Annual Report for FY2021
- Climate Heritage Network Releases Their 2021 Annual Report
OHP Monthly ePost
Preservation news and topics
California's Statewide Historic Preservation Plan 2013-2017
Many of the documents available on this web site are provided in
Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
and require Acrobat Reader to view and print these files.
You may download Acrobat Reader free by clicking on the above link.