Welcome to the OHP!
The California Office of Historic Preservation (OHP) administers federally and state mandated historic preservation programs to further the identification, evaluation, registration, and protection of California's irreplaceable resources. Explore our webpages, learn more about the OHP, and join us in preserving and celebrating California’s heritage!
Our office now accepts and prefers project submittals via email. Visit our Submission Guidance page for instructions on how to submit materials electronically.
Due to continuing COVID-19 related circumstances, clients of the CHRIS Information Centers (ICs) should contact the appropriate IC to inquire as to how to submit record search requests and how and when such requests may be fulfilled.
Preservation News & Updates
- Culture Has a Voice At UN Climate Change Conference (COP26)
- State and Federal Disaster Declarations Issued for California Wildfires
- California and Federal Historic Tax Credit Project Reports for 2020 Now Available
- Revised Federal Historic Tax Credit Application Forms - Download Now
- Governor Signs EO to Conserve Biodiversity and Boost Climate Resilience
OHP Monthly ePost
Preservation news and topics
California's Statewide Historic Preservation Plan 2013-2017
Many of the documents available on this web site are provided in
Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
and require Acrobat Reader to view and print these files.
You may download Acrobat Reader free by clicking on the above link.