Established in 1862, Drum Barracks became the United States military headquarters for Southern California, Arizona, and New Mexico. It was a garrison and base for supplies, and a terminus for camel pack trains operated by the Army until 1863. Abandoned in 1866, the site remains a landmark of the Civil War in California. This property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 2/12/71.
Registration Date: 3/6/1935
County: Los Angeles
1053 Cary St (corner Cary and Opp), Wilmington
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing