Located in Cañada de la Madera (Timber Canyon) was a mining boomtown founded in 1878 when silver was discovered nearby. During the colorful life of its boom, 1878-1881, miners flocking to the area established a thriving community, served daily by stage from Los Angeles and Santa Ana.
Registration Date: 6/20/1935
Next to Silverado Fire Station #2, end of Silverado Canyon Rd, 3.4 mi E of Silverado post office, Silverado
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing