OLD SITES OF MISSION SANTA CLARA DE ASIS AND OLD SPANISH BRIDGE
The first mission in this valley, Mission Santa Clara de Thamien, was established at this site by Franciscan Padres Tomás de la Peña and Joseph Antonio Marguia January 17, 1777. Here, at the Indian village of So-co-is-u-ka, they erected a cross and shelter for worship to bring Christianity to the Costanoan Indians.
Registration Date: 9/3/1937
City: Santa Clara
County: Santa Clara
SE corner of Central Expressway and De la Cruz Blvd, Santa Clara
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing