This memorial is dedicated to the memory of the pioneer men and women of Empire City and vicinity. Located one-half mile west of here on the banks of the Tuolumne River, Empire City was the head of navigation and the site of the second courthouse of Stanislaus County. Records remained here from October 1854 to December 1855.
Registration Date: 2/28/1949
0.1 mi S on County Hwy J-7 Empire
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing