SITE OF CENTER OF VILLA DE BRANCIFORTE
These school grounds were the center of Villa de Branciforte, founded in 1797 by Governor Diego de Borica of California on orders from Spain through Viceroy Branciforte in Mexico. The settlement existed as a separate township until 1905, when it was annexed to the city of Santa Cruz.
Registration Date: 8/30/1950
City: Santa Cruz
County: Santa Cruz
SW corner of Water and Branciforte, Santa Cruz
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing