This was the center of San Francisco in pioneer days, deeded for public use January 3, 1850 during the administration of John White Geary, first mayor and postmaster, and later Governor of Kansas and Pennsylvania. The name originated in 1860 when public meetings were held here in support of the Union.
Registration Date: 10/22/1957
City: San Francisco
County: San Francisco
NE corner of Geary and Powell, San Francisco
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing