WEST MINER STREET-THIRD STREET HISTORIC DISTRICT
Founded in March 1851 with the discovery of gold in the nearby 'flats,' Yreka quickly became the commercial and transportation hub for the surrounding communities and mining camps. Yreka's tents and shanties gave way to more substantial commercial and residential buildings seen on West Miner and Third Streets which remain as tangible evidence of the town 19th-century regional prominence. This district was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 12/11/1972.
Registration Date: 9/1/1976
SW corner of Miner St and Broadway, Yreka
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing